Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Painting with a Twist

Painting with a Twist is a fairly new business in College Station. They combine painting with drinking wine--which promises to be an entertaining experience to say the least!

Stephanie saw on their website that they were hosting a paint your pet class, which we (obviously, being the pet-lovers that we are) jumped on!


 I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination and realized quickly that our decision not to partake in the wine was probably wise for our painting's sake.


With so many different paintings, the two artists who were walking around assisting us, had their work cutout for them! It was kind of stressful because I was so scared I was going to ruin my painting. They kept promising that anything we did could be fixed, if need be, and that we would leave liking our finished products.


I greatly needed assistance for Carter's nose…No matter what I tried, it kept getting bigger and black-blob-ier. I was thankful that the artist was able to salvage the nose!


There were several ladies around us that we very artistic. I left being OK with my painting, but feeling that mine looked like finger paint compared to some of the others! After I got it home and sent picture to my family and friends, I decided I didn't do too bad!



Next time, I think I will stick to the classes where everyone paints the exact same thing, that way I can enjoy the wine part!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I've been to something similar to this in Austin, except we made glass bowls and drank wine. I would love to paint my puppy! I'm going to look that place up!

    ReplyDelete