Saturday, January 5, 2013

Welcome to 2013!

2013 started out with a bang! Jason surprised me with a trip to Barton Springs Resort & Spa for New Year's Eve. The resort and grounds are gorgeous, but unfortunately the weather was not. It was overcast, misty and really cold.



Due to the weather being so gloomy, these are the only pictures I took.

For our New Year's Eve celebration, Jason and I went to Vespaio for an AMAZING dinner and dessert, then came back to our hotel room to drink some awesome wine (thanks Dad and Mom!) and watch the ball drop…it was perfect!

The next morning, we went to one of our other favorite Austin spots for breakfast, Magnolia Cafe. I even treated myself to a mimosa to welcome 2013!



While on our mini vacation, Jason and I discussed our goals for 2013 and brainstormed some strategies for achieving them! It was a very relaxing, yet productive, getaway!

OUR GOALS:

1. Eat at home. Being busy, on the road, and just plain lazy has lead us to eating out for most of our meals over the last couple months.

2. Eat healthier/more "clean." Luckily for Jason and I, we actually like healthy food. We just really like unhealthy food too. We are hoping to tip the balance to eating healthier options as much as we can. When we cook at home, we eat pretty well, its when we go out that we run into trouble…so in achieving goal #1, we will also knock out #2.

So far, we have done quite well on this! We made spaghetti squash, pizza with cauliflower crust, quinoa spanish "rice", homemade black beans and other yummy dishes!



3. Workout more consistently. Jason ordered P90x from iTunes and I reactivated my Golds Gym membership. We both feel better when we workout, it is just starting the workout that is the battle. We are hoping to hold each other accountable for staying on track. 

With my school/coaching schedule, the only time I have to workout is either early in the morning before work, or after practice. I have tried the after work and my effort is not good. I have started the 5:30am group exercise up again. Yay!

4. Get serious about saving money. We would like to move into a "big girl house" sooner rather than later. We have mapped out a savings program that will get us there in 3 years. We don't want to take out a long mortgage or compromise on our list of wants in a new home.

There were many more that we listed, but these four are the ones we are going to focus on!

Happy 2013 everyone! :)


2 comments:

  1. Doesn't #1 help some with #4 too?? :) You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time ringing in the new year! :-) Great list!! I LOVED gold's gym classes, I wish we lived closer, I'd be joining ya to those 5 am butt-kicking classes!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete