Thursday, December 13, 2012

26.2

This weekend Jason, our friend Courtney and I completed our first (Courtney's second) full marathon!

The Dallas weekend started off with picking up our race packets and running into one of our fellow Cabin 8ers, Ashley (who stalked us for the rest of the expo)! I haven't seen her since my wedding in May, so it was a wonderful surprise that her and her cousin were running the half marathon!


We run for cupcakes and wine…truth.

Next up, we met our other Cabin 8 friend for her mini birthday celebration at Deep Ellum Brewery. It was a pretty neat place. I would definitely like to go back when I can actually partake in the festivities!


From there we checked into our hotel and watched "Johnny F. Football" win the Heisman! Pretty exciting day for an Aggie!

After that, we met my parents, my brother, my Aunt Jan and her family at Ristorante Bugatti to carb up before the race. I am in love with their eggplant parmesan! It is now a tradition when running the White Rock/Dallas Marathon! We ran the half 2 years ago and happened upon this awesome restaurant due to them being the only Italian restaurant with reservations left.


The next morning we dressed in our cute Santa skirts and zig-zagged around Dallas for 26.2 miles….which was probably the hardest thing I have EVER done in my life!




Though Jason and I's time was not what we had hoped, we finished and met our goal of completing our first full the same year we got married!! I would like to run another (and actually complete our training program) to get a respectable time…we will see if/when that happens! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!





4 comments:

  1. That is seriously such an accomplishment! WAY TO GO GIRL!! I wish I could train for one, but I think I'd have to try for a half first. Regardless of your time, CONGRATS on meeting your goal! Wish I lived closer, I'd love to have running partner! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely use a running buddy! If you decide to try a half, let me know and I'll run it with you!! :)

      Delete
  2. The fact that you ran a marathon is awesome in itself. Lots of respect for you, girl! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete