Friday, December 7, 2012

I officially am a terribly blogger!

Well, October and November have flown by and Christmas will be here before we know it!

Here are some highlights from October and November. I, hopefully, will be a much better blogger this month!

In October, I went undefeated in district coaching my 7th Grade A Volleyball team! Whoop! We only had one loss on the season at a non-district tournament. I am going to miss coaching those girls next year!



Jason completed his first Tough Mudder. 





Everyone asked why I did not participate with him and the answer is…me and electric shock/ice cold water do not get along well. 



Though I was not a participant, I still was part of the action. I purchased a spectator pass and roamed along the course collecting photo evidence of Jason being a BEAST!





November is always fun because it is my birthday month! I thoroughly enjoyed being spoiled by my wonderful husband and friends!

My birthday gift to myself was a girls trip to Florida to run the Disney Wine&Dine Half Marathon. We are princesses in real life, but we decided to dress up as Disney princesses for the race.


From Left: Jasmine (Dana), Cinderella (me), Goofy, Belle (Courtney),  and Pocahontas (Leah)



The coolest part of our race was running through the Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios!

Finally, November ended with a trip to Galveston for the TAHPERD Convention held at Moody Gardens. Dana and I booked a hotel in Galveston and made a weekend out of the conference where we visited The Spot, The Poop Deck and some other interesting Galveston attractions.

This weekend Jason, my friend Courtney and I will be running the Dallas Marathon clad in tacky Christmas attire. Courtney and I bought some awesome red sequin Santa skirts from Claires that will be sure to make the 26.2 much more fun! I am hoping to talk Jason into wearing a pair of Christmas boxers over his running shorts…we will see how it goes. Wish us luck!!


2 comments:

  1. Wowza girl, you are a running queen! Your Birthday trip sounds like SO much fun! I've never been to Disney world, but am planning on going soon to visit some friends. I hope you did well in your marathon this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend Disney! It was sooo much fun! They have a Coast to Coast challenge (where you run a half or full in Florida and a half or full in Cali in the same year to earn this super awesome shirt and medal. It has officially been added to the running bucket list!

      Delete